First European Network for the Philosophy of the Social Sciences Conference
University of Copenhagen
September 21-23, 2012
The European Network for the Philosophy of the Social Sciences (ENPOSS)
invites contributions to its inaugural conference. Contributions from all
areas within the philosophy of the social sciences are encouraged. Moreover,
contributions from both philosophers and social scientists are welcome.
– Peter Hedström (University of Oxford)
– Philip Pettit (Princeton University)
– Stephen Turner (University of South Florida)
– Björn Wittrock (Uppsala University)
– An abstract of no more than 1000 words suitably prepared for blind
reviewing should be submitted electronically.
– Opening for submissions: January 15, 2012. Information about how to submit
will be available at www.enposs.eu shortly.
– Each abstract will be reviewed by two members of the Scientific Committee.
Members of this year s committee are: Anna Alexandrova, Kevin Binmore, Luc
Bovens, Antonella Carassa, Malinda Carpenter, Igor Douven, Jan Faye, Wulf
Christian Gartner, Francesco Guala, Harold Kincaid, Hartmut Kliemt, Martin
Kusch, Tony Lawson, Eleonora Montuschi, Jos Antonio Noguera, William
Outhwaite, Elisabeth Pacherie Julian Reiss, Kristina Rolin, Federica Russo,
Hans Bernard Schmid, Paul Sheehy, Dan Steel, David Teira, Deborah Tollefsen
and Erik Weber.
– Deadline for submission: March 15, 2012
– Date of notification of acceptance: May 15, 2012
– The purpose of ENPOSS is to promote, encourage and facilitate academic
discussion and research in the philosophy of the social sciences broadly
– Its Steering Committee consists of Alban Bouvier (Paris), Byron Kaldis
(Athens), Thomas Uebel (Manchester), Julie Zahle (Copenhagen), and Jes s
– Julie Zahle and Finn Collin both from the Section of Philosophy,
University of Copenhagen.
– For more information about the conference and ENPOSS, see www.enposs.eu